Fun fact: Companies that outsource to the Philippines can cut labour costs by 70%
Approximately 1,000,000 Filipinos work outsourced jobs, an industry that’s worth close to $27 million.
Are you exploring global outsourcing?
Matt Watson discusses this in our latest podcast episode, plus the ingenious ways software developers are harnessing the potential of Generative AI.
Meet Matt Watson
Matt’s Role as a Software Leader at Full Scale
Matt Watson is the Co-founder of Full Scale, an innovative technology services company located in the Philippines. At Full Scale, with a dedicated team of over 300 professionals, they assist businesses in assembling teams of skilled software engineers. Their mission revolves around simplifying the process of discovering and retaining highly seasoned software engineers, making it both swift and cost-effective.
Matt’s Other Work in Technology and AI
Over the past two decades, Matt has established himself as a serial entrepreneur, successfully founding 3 tech companies, including VinSolutions which was exited for $150M in 2011. His brainchild, Stackify, was acquired by Netreo in 2021, creating a powerful suite of tools designed to aid developers in monitoring and troubleshooting their applications.
Currently, Matt is also the co-host of the Startup Hustle podcast – a top 100 podcast about entrepreneurship – as well as the founder of At Capacity. At Capacity is a smart ads platform for home services that turns search ads off when their customers have full schedules. Additionally, Matt is the EVP of Software Development at CAMP Digital.
Outsourcing, Software Developers, and Generative AI
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Matt shares:
- His experience winning awards like Ingram’s 40 Under 40 and Techweek 100
- His current role as the Co-Founder of Full Scale
- Hiring software developers outside of the United States
- How his team is trying out Generative AI and coding co-pilots
- Whether he has concerns about his business being impacted by Generative AI like ChatGPT
- Communicating to his team the value they bring in a world with AI
- How AI and analytics are currently being used to monitor the performance of his software developers
- His advice for anyone seeking to outsource engineers globally
- The common challenges people face that cause them to switch from platforms like Upwork to Full Scale
- Navigating local labour laws and regulations
If you are a software professional or leader looking to outsource and navigate the impact of Generative AI on your team, this is the episode you do not want to miss.
Find out more about Matt
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E130 – Jacob Hill – Interview with an AI, Inside the Game-Changing Role of Generative AI in Social Media Marketing
- E103 – Jason Tan – How LinkedIn Helped Me Build a Career in Data Science
- E97 – Colin Priest – Will I Lose My Job? Overcoming AI Paranoia with Human-Centric AI
- E85 – Benn Stancil – From Building a Tool to Building a Software Company
Now a word from our sponsor…
This episode is sponsored by Engage AI – your ultimate Conversation Co-pilot. With Engage AI, LinkedIn power users can effortlessly break the ice and build meaningful relationships using the power of AI. It revolutionises your prospect engagement by augmenting and contextualising comments, saving you hours of writing while helping you stand out to prospects. Try it out here.
Register for free to attend Automation Days Asia, a virtual conference dedicated to the realm of enterprise automation, this premier event delves into the latest trends and advancements in automation technologies. Join Jason as he discusses the foundational framework for developing a robust Generative AI application. Tickets are free!