Have you ever sold something on a marketplace, such as Ebay or Shopee or Mercari, or maybe even Craigslist?
How was the experience? Did you find everything to be smooth sailing or do you regret ever trying?
How can data analytics be used to improve customer experience for sellers – and buyers – in the marketplace?
Catch the latest TAS episode to hear it from Taimoor Khan.
Meet Taimoor Khan
Taimoor’s Role as a Customer Experience Leader at Mad Paws
Taimoor Khan is the Director of Customer Experience at Mad Paws. Since launching in 2014, Mad Paws has grown to become Australia’s largest online Pet Sitting community. They connect Pet Owners with trusted, local, and vetted Pet Sitters. Mad Paws was ranked #14 in LinkedIn’s Top 25 Australian Startups of 2018 and won the Australian Small Business Champion Award for Pet Services in 2019.
Taimoor’s Other Work in Customer Experience
Outside of his work with Mad Paws, Taimoor is the Co-Founder and Non-Executive Director of Innov8 Studio, a customer experience centred residential design agency. Innov8 Studio was founded with the intent to bring a client-centric approach to the industry. They believe that quality collaborative service is essential in building lasting relationships and have over 10 years of combined experience.
Previously, Taimoor was the Co-Founder of Beehive Design, the first Customer Experience led residential design firm in Australia. He has also been the Head of Customer Comms at Marley Spoon, the Customer Service & Business Support Manager at Gumtree Australia, and a Team Leader in Digital/Print for News Corp Australia.
Data Analytics, Customer Experience, and the Marketplace
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Taimoor shares:
- His volunteer work for emergency rescue & repair with the NSW State Emergency Service
- Stories that have stuck with him throughout his 9 years with the emergency services
- His role as the Director of Customer Experience at Mad Paws
- If the supply-side attracts the buy-side
- Whether the rating system is the key layer to ensure quality and experience – P.S. It’s not!
- Collecting data from offline
- The best time to request an NPS and how they work
- Implementing Natural Language Processing to evaluate reviews at scale
- A use case for how data analytics comes into play for customer experience
- Avoiding marketplace leakage
- Why the visualisation and interpretation aspect of data analytics is the most important
- How customer experience has changed in the marketplace over the last few years
- What he has learned about customer experience over the years that he wished he knew earlier on
- His advice for those in the marketplace looking to improve customer experience
If you are a data analytics professional in the marketplace looking to improve customer experience, this is the episode you do not want to miss.
Find out more about Taimoor
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- High Growth Handbook: Scaling Startups from 10 to 10,000 People by Elad Gil
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E119 – Yvette Mihelic – Sustainable Commercial Benefits through Data Analytics-Powered Customer Experience
- E110 Jonas Christensen – Here’s How Analytics Leaders Succeed in Growing the Business
- E63 – Ben Nichols – Improving Customer Experience with Natural Language Processing in Banking
- E62 – Sveta Freidman – Embedding Data Science in Digital Marketplace Business
Now a word from our sponsor…
This episode is sponsored by a new program at DDA Labs. It’s an embedded analytics leader program for senior managers and executives in the business team who want to integrate AI into daily business operations and drive customer experience excellence. Book an Unlimited Strategy Session for a Full Year and start embedding analytics into the business frontlines. For more information about this program, please refer to it here.
Are you using your company data to its full potential? Leading organisations like FAANG have moved beyond dashboards and embedded data science directly into their daily business operations. Take the free 3-minute Embedded Analytics Assessment to find out your score instantly.