How is the rise of AI impacting the healthcare industry in Singapore?
And how can a data strategy can help the Ministry of Health make better business decisions?
These are just some of the questions Sutowo answers in this latest episode of The Analytics Show.
In this episode, Sutowo will share his insights on empowering business decisions in healthcare through data strategies in Singapore.
(Plus, please welcome our new co-host, Harry Chan, in his first-ever episode!)
Meet Sutowo Wong
Sutowo’s Role as an Advanced Analytics Leader at the Ministry of Health
Sutowo Wong is the Director of Data Analytics at the Ministry of Health in Singapore. Singapore’s MOH is an innovative and people-centred organisation, committed to medical excellence, the promotion of good health, the reduction of illness, and access to good and affordable healthcare for all Singaporeans. Through MOH, the Singaporean government manages the public healthcare system by providing subsidised medical services while promoting individual responsibility for the costs of healthcare services.
Sutowo’s Other Work in Advanced Analytics
As the leader of health AI strategy at the Ministry of Health, Sutowo is responsible for developing and implementing cutting-edge AI solutions to improve Singapore’s healthcare system. He is also tasked with building the necessary ecosystem enablers, including AI governance, and data & IT platforms to support these efforts. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Sutowo has a proven track record of successfully implementing large and complex transformation programs.
Prior to joining MOH, Sutowo held various analytics leadership roles across different industries, including Public Service, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, CPG, Retail, Telco, Banking, Insurance, Energy, Airlines, and Hospitality in Southeast Asia, Greater China, India, and Japan. In these roles, he gained extensive experience across various domains such as Customer, Fraud & Risk, HR, and Operations.
Healthcare, Data Strategy, Business
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Sutowo shares:
- How Sutowo and Harry came to know each other
- If Sutowo is planning to attend in-person events anytime soon
- His experience travelling for work in Southeast Asia, Greater China, India, and Japan
- His role as the Director of Data Analytics at the Ministry of Health in Singapore
- What the healthcare system is like in Singapore
- Ways a data strategy can help the Ministry of Health make better business decisions
- Use cases of this
- Prices of treatment options and insurance
- Ensuring the data strategy is aligned with their business goals and objectives
- Tactics or strategies to link large initiatives to data strategies
- His experience on how to develop a winning data strategy
- Common pitfalls or challenges that companies face when developing a data strategy
- How the rise of AI is impacting the healthcare industry in Singapore
- Initiatives in the government sector surrounding AI, IT, and data
- His experience and advice when considering data privacy and security
- Using synthetic data for testing to protect data privacy
- A recent project that shows tangible benefits for Singapore’s healthcare
- His advice for companies that are just starting to develop their data strategy
- His advice for new engineers to be more curious
If you are a business leader interested in using data to make better decisions, this is the episode you do not want to miss.
Find out more about Sutowo
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E123 – Harry Chan – Utilising Data Analytics, AI, ML, & RPA in Private Healthcare
- E121 – Dr Adam CHEE – How Data Analytics is Taking Us to the Next Frontier of Healthcare
- E117 – Dr Sitt Paing – Embracing Digitalization to Improve the Country’s Healthcare System
- E53 – Anatoly Tulchinsky – Strategy and Approaches to Drive Better Business Outcomes Using Data & AI
Now a word from our sponsor…
Register for the ACS QLD State Tech Summit using The Analytics Show’s promo code – ACSTAS – to save $125 off the event ticket.
This episode is sponsored by a new program at DDA Labs. It’s an advanced analytics leader program for senior managers and executives in the business team who want to integrate AI into daily business operations and drive customer experience excellence. Book an Unlimited Strategy Session for a Full Year and start embedding advanced analytics into the business frontlines. For more information about this program, please refer to it here.
Are you using your company data to its full potential? Leading organisations like FAANG have moved beyond dashboards and embedded advanced analytics directly into their daily business operations. Take the free 3-minute Embedded Analytics Assessment to find out your score instantly.