Have you ever wondered what goes into the process of getting your mail to you through cargo and freight?
How do they make revenue?
And how does data analytics come into all of this?
Catch the latest TAS episode to hear it from Judson Rollins.
Meet Judson Rollins
Judson’s Role as a Commercial Innovator at Propel Revenue
Judson Rollins is the Managing Partner at Propel Revenue. Propel Revenue helps cargo and freight carriers increase margins via greater pricing power, optimal asset utilisation, and reduced selling expense. Propel delivers tailored, cutting-edge strategies backed by data and best practices from a wide variety of transport providers.
Judson’s Other Work in Pricing
Over the past 15 years, Judson Rollins has helped 20+ passenger airlines and cargo transport companies optimise their pricing, customer segmentation, route networks, and capacity. Previously, he has worked with Leeham Company, Air New Zealand, SkyWriter Aviation, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, and Continental Airlines, aiding in strategy and consulting.
On top of that, Judson speaks regularly to industry groups and other audiences who want to learn more about pricing for airlines. He often gives interviews and writes content for media worldwide.
Data Analytics, Cargo and Freight, and Revenue
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Judson shares:
- His favourite country he’s worked so far and his best experiences travelling for work
- His current role as a Managing Partner at Propel Revenue
- Where airlines are today in terms of data analytics and digital transformation compared to a few decades ago
- The best time to redeem tickets for travelling with airlines
- How this transformation with airlines translates into the transformation needed in cargo
- Convincing the industry to invest more in data collection
- Getting traction in the industry as a startup
- A use case from a time when data analytics has helped to up revenue in the cargo and freight industry
- The challenges organisations often face when trying to implement data analytics to improve revenue in cargo and freight
- Data-driven roles in cargo and freight
If you are a leader or data analytics professional in the cargo and freight industry looking to improve revenue through data analytics in your company, this is the episode you do not want to miss.
Find out more about Judson
What is one book that he would gift to his younger self:
In the News:
Learn more with related episodes in our analytics podcast:
- E120 – Harjot Singh – Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation
- E101 – Mark Burnard – Shift to Data as a Product, Leverage In-Business Expertise to Scale Analytics
- E60 – Albane Flamant – Data Analytics in Social Listening & Consumer Insights to Drive Revenue
- E15 – Pedro Uria-Recio – Transforming Markets and Revenue Streams with Data
Now a word from our sponsor…
This episode is sponsored by a new program at DDA Labs. It’s an embedded analytics leader program for senior managers and executives in the business team who want to integrate AI into daily business operations and drive customer experience excellence. Book an Unlimited Strategy Session for a Full Year and start embedding analytics into the business frontlines. For more information about this program, please refer to it here.
Are you using your company data to its full potential? Leading organisations like FAANG have moved beyond dashboards and embedded data science directly into their daily business operations. Take the free 3-minute Embedded Analytics Assessment to find out your score instantly.